Acne is not just an adolescent concern; problem skin can continue into adulthood. Clearing Concepts: A Guide to Acne Treatment is a science-based practical guide for treating clients of all ages who are suffering from acne and other skin problems. The text is presented in an easy-to-read format that educates as it makes concepts clear and simple to implement. Sections on “treatment” demonstrate analysis techniques and clinical hands-on treatment methods. While there is no cure, acne and other skin problems can be brought under control through diligent topical esthetic care.
Author: Mark Lees
- Full-color images outline typical skin problems and demonstrate treatment techniques that can be implemented immediately.
- Information is presented to teach about ingredients rather than specific products.
- Learn how to develop individualized treatments and effective, step-by-step, home-care programs.
- Information about factors that cause or irritate acne-prone skin, including diet, environment, and cosmetics, helps to develop a proactive regimen.
- A special chapter on medical treatment and referrals demonstrates how to work together with physicians in order to achieve whole, complete skincare results.
- Various case studies with before and after treatment photos help relate the content to real world examples.
- Acne Anatomy & Physiology
- Heredity & Hormones
- Environmental Factors
- Dietary Factors
- Cosmetic factors
- Myths & Facts
- Clearing Concepts
- Clinic Treatments
- Medical Referral & Treatment
239 pp., 7 3/8″ x 9¼”, Softcover, ©2014
Print ISBN: 9781133280316
eBook ISBN: 9781285817149
List Price: $50.95 USD