Accidents happen, even in the structured, pampering environment of a professionally-run salon or spa. How often have you asked yourself “What would I do if…?” What would you do if a client had a heart attack or suddenly stopped breathing? What should you do if your client is burned or breaks out in a strange rash during treatment? The Esthetician’s Guide to Client Safety and Wellness is designed to offer practical, safety-based information and tips to decrease the possibility of infection, as well as accidents or injuries during treatment or service. An entire section is dedicated to cautions and contraindications relating to medications that can affect treatment choices, especially for clients dealing with health conditions. Considering the many inherent exposures – not only to the client but to those actually working in the spa, clinic and salon environment – the Esthetician’s Guide to Client Safety and Wellness is an essential tool and an invaluable resource for esthetic and cosmetology professionals.
Authors: Judith Culp & Toni Campbell
- Quick reference format, tabbed by chapter for simple identification, with easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions, including full-color photographs, illustrations, and diagrams throughout.
- Detailed index for easy cross-reference and appendices that provide important medical information, including the impact of medications on skin.
- Safety checklists for each topic at the beginning of each applicable chapter as well as general checklist at the beginning of the book.
- Spiral bound guide lays flat for hands-free use, including emergency situations when dialing for help and/or administering first aid and CPR.
- Discussion of workplace safety and steps for risk management, including reduction of exposure to liability loss.
- General Safety
- Infection Control
- Workplace Safety
- Equipment Safety
- Product Safety
- Cautions and Contraindications
- Emergency and Non-Emergency Situations
- Situations in the Treatment Room
- First Aid and Emergency Situations
- Nutrition, Wellness and Stress Management
Appendix A: Medical information
Appendix B: Safety and Esthetic Related Contacts
185 pp., 8½” x 11″, Spiral Bound, ©2013
Print ISBN: 9781439057452
eBook ISBN: 9781285501451
List Price: $53.95 USD