The second edition of Microdermabrasion, from Milady’s Aesthetician Series, takes a unique and highly effective approach in addressing the advanced training needs of aestheticians working in medical skin care facilities, day spas and resort spas. Individuals will begin to understand the indications, contraindications and significant medical information necessary for clinical microdermabrasion. A host of case studies helps the reader evaluate and interpret the material. Clinicians will be able to work through specific case histories to improve their knowledge based on their own relevant experiences. Specific instructions for procedures are outlined in working documents, making the implementation process easy for the clinician, physician or facility. The approach used in this book is unique, using policy and procedure guides as well as case studies to create a real-life study of microdermabrasion.
Author: Pamela Hill
- References new and improved equipment for microdermabrasion.
- Provides new techniques for microdermabrasion.
- Coverage on how to combine common treatments with microdermabrasion to create an advanced treatment.
- Updated skin typing and new information on skin care products is included in this edition.
- Case studies specific to the treatment makes the material easy to understand.
- Advanced clinical and educational information is highly relevant in today’s environment.
- Specific instructions for procedures make it easy to implement microdermabrasion processes.
- Introduction to Microdermabrasion
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin
- Wound Healing
- Skin Typing
- Fundamentals of Skin Care
- Indications and Contraindications for Microdermabrasion
- Pretreatment for Microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion Treatments
- Creating Unique Treatments
- The Business of Microdermabrasion
350 pp., 8″ x 9¼”, Softcover, ©2010
List Price: $63.95 USD