Are you ready for a challenge? I just came across a fun daily challenge it’s called “A Google A Day” Challenge. The challenge helps students put their search skills to test and get your classroom engaged and excited about a specific topic being taught.
The daily challenge has pre-populated trivia questions around an array of subjects. However, you can easily create your own challenge around your specific topics being discussed in your classrooms or student salons.
You pose the challenge and students solve the question by performing an internet search. These challenges can be a great starting point for students to explore and self-discover information. Students can find related readings, videos, and images to help with retention, comprehension and master specific topics. All while having fun!
Getting started is simple:
- Create questions around class topics
- Pose the daily challenge to your students
- Provide students with helpful hits “things to think about as you get started…”
- Allow students to search the internet for answers (set a time limit)
- Hold open discussions on student’s facts and findings
- Recap or add additional information, as needed
This fun classroom activity is an easy way to integrate technology into your day and empower students to apply their critical thinking skills and self-discovery sills.